Everyone knows that WordPress is the best content management system which works great for every blogger. If You’re using wordpress then 50% of your seo work is done. WordPress stands out of the crowd because of it’s seo and plugins support. Creating a Good blog with wordpress is very easy when you know how to pour good content for your site. Here are some good tips which can help you optimize your wordpress blog for big search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing which use various algorithms to judge the ranking of a site.
Optimizing wordpress for SEO
Optimize Your Default Permalinks
The Default WordPress Permalink isn’t optimized for search engines. The Post Slug plays the most important role for your site’s ranking.
- Login to WP-Admin.
- Click on Setting then Permalinks.
- The Default Permalink will be http://abc.com/?p=123 which isn’t a search engine optimized link.
- Select Custom Permalink structure and fill /%postname%/ there.
- Save Settings and Done.
Adding Meta-Tags is very important. This is the reason why people always recommend you to add plugins like “All in One SEO” and “Yoast SEO”. These Plugins helps you in adding meta tags to your blog posts easily. Always remember that filling meta tags is very important as it helps you in targeting your proper keyword for targeting your audience.Always Add Proper Meta-Tags in Your Blog Posts
Install WordPress SEO Plugins
- WordPress SEO by Yoast (known as Yoast SEO) or All in One SEO.
- SEO Friendly Images (Automatically adds “alt” text in your images).
- WP Super Cache or WP Total Cache.
- cBnet Ping Optimizer WordPress Plugin or MaxBlogPress Ping Optimizer.
- Robots Meta Plugin.