OLX has been around for a long time. Made in 2006 in Argentina, OLX has come a long way from there in these 7 years. The classifieds website has now been launched in more than 105 countries and in 40 languages. This feat, in short, shows the growth of the service that OLX is.
There are several online classifieds websites but why does OLX stand out from the crowd could definitely be your question? There are two main reasons: Its Differing Features and Its Amazingly Funny Advertisements. We will cover both these reasons and bring out to you the secret of the success of OLX.
Its Salient Features
- Simple Design: OLX is very user friendly. Its design is not at all complex and is as simple as it could be. This simple design enables the user to easily access the website and post their ads.
- Rich Ads Designing: As a buyer, you would always want to see the product which you are going to buy so OLX gives options to add pictures and videos in the ads so that the buyers would be confident in buying the products they want to.
- Mobile Compatible: OLX is a mobile compatible website. OLX has manufactured its mobile applications for all the popular operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Symbian and Windows Phone. Plus, even if you don’t have any of the above operating systems, you can access a mobile compatible website from your phone with all the required details.
- Divided into Categories: For the buyers, it is a boon. If you don’t know exactly what product you want to buy, you can easily browse the categories and get to the exact product. Plus, the products are also divided by states and cities which means that you can browse through the products in your city and get the product without any hassles of shipping.
- Share Your Ads: To make sure your ads reach the masses, OLX gives you options to easily share your ads with your friends on the popular social networking sites.
It’s Advertisements’ Style
OLX India joined the digital media in June 2011 and started telecasting advertisements on television. The funny advertisements which feature OLX’s tagline Yaha Sab KuchBiktaHai and another catchy phase Bech De! attracted the masses and OLX became hugely famous. Adding the response to those advertisements to the amazing features of the site, they had a totally successful product.
So, what do you think about OLX? Share your views and opinions in the comments.